Food Safety Inspections, Audits, Programs and Solutions
Unsafe food containing harmful bacteria, viruses, parasites or chemical substances, causes more than 200 diseases – ranging from diarrhoea to cancers. An estimated 600 million – almost 1 in 10 people in the world – fall ill after eating contaminated food and 420 000 die every year, resulting in the loss of 33 million healthy life years (DALYs).
Food safety standards require Australian food businesses to produce food that is safe and suitable to eat. This applies to any business or activity that involves the handling of any type of food for sale, or the sale of food in Australia. Food businesses must ensure that all food handlers have the skills, knowledge, and understanding of food safety and hygiene in order to handle food safely. All food businesses, whether operating from a new or existing premises, a vehicle, market stall, or domestic premises, must comply with Food Safety Standard 3.2.3 – Food premises and equipment.
That’s why your business needs a food safety program, which is a documented system that clearly lays out food handling procedures, identifies potential food safety hazards, and details the business’ response to those hazards should they occur. An appropriate and well implemented food safety program can help a food business:
- Ensure food for sale is safe.
- Manage operations better through improved record keeping and cost controls.
- Demonstrate that all due diligence was exercised in the preparation and sale of food.
SCG food safety experts include former government inspectors, are registered food safety auditors and have extensive experience auditing and managing food safety programs in remote and challenging locations, including remote oil and gas projects, developing nations, and post-conflict zones. Let us support your organisation comply with your food safety requirements, so you can ensure the safety of food served to customers at all times.
Our Food Safety and Inspection Services
SCG provides the following services:
- NATA ISO 17020 accredited food safety inspections to assess conformance with Food Safety Standards, Legislation and Food Safety Programs
- NATA accredited Remote Site / Camp Food Safety & Hygiene Assessments
- NATA accredited food sampling
- Food Business License Applications
- 3rd Party Food Safety Audits
- Food Borne Illness Risk Management, Investigation and Response
- Labelling Assessment & Support
- General Advice & Troubleshooting.
We’re Here for You
SCG’s team of compliance specialists have extensive experience in both the private and public sector. We can provide independent inspections and audits and help you to develop practical food safety programs.
Schedule a FREE confidential and no obligation discussion about your food safety requirements using the link below
Alternatively, fill in our enquiry form and one of our food safety specialists will be in touch as soon as possible.