Legionella Audits, Inspections, Sampling and Management Plans
Legionnaires’ disease is a type of pneumonia caused by the Legionella bacteria. Humans might contract this disease by inhaling microscopic/invisible droplets (aerosols) of contaminated water from man-made systems such as hot or warm water systems, showerheads, spa baths and fountains.
The detection of Legionella in water systems raises potentially serious risks to the health of people exposed. The development and implementation of a water quality risk management plan can protect a facilities water system and prevent potential failures. Prevention saves significant time and cost while protecting patients, staff and visitors from the risk of Legionella.
SCG personnel have a proven capacity to lead and manage complex Legionella investigations and responses in both the public and private sector, from oil & gas production and accommodation sites to hospitals and aged care facilities.
The Public Health (Water Risk Management) Amendment Bill 2016 legally requires health care facilities in Queensland to:
- develop a water risk management plan
- ensure water risk management plans are complied with
- notify the chief executive of the Department of Health, within one business day, when it is confirmed that Legionella has been detected in water used by a prescribed facility
- submit periodic reports summarising the results of Legionella tests for a prescribed facility.
SCG deliver complete Legionella management solutions for any organisation and prescribed hospital and aged care facilities. This includes risk assessment, management and planning, regulatory liaison, mandatory notification, on-site sampling, decontamination and issuing clearance certificates.
Our Senior Consultants are each highly qualified with extensive practical experience in Legionella management which, combined with their regulatory background provides a solid platform to interpret complex legislative frameworks and deliver practical compliance advice to ensure peace of mind for our clients.
Call us now for a confidential and no obligation discussion about your specific requirements
Legionella Sampling, Control & Risk Management Services
SCG provides the following services:
- 2nd Party Audit Services of your suppliers and contractors operations and water risk management systems
- Analysis results interpretation and advice
- Coordinate Legionella detection / notification investigations
- Decontamination & clearance services
- Develop, implement and maintain Water Quality Risk Management Plans (Legionella) for aged care facilities, hospitals, businesses and community groups.
- Independent sampling and analysis to support compliance monitoring and incident and or complaint investigations and response
- Internal Audits of your company operations and water risk management systems
- Issue clearance certificates
- Legionella risk assessments
- On site sampling and testing services
- Regulator & stakeholder liaison.
- Supervision of existing maintenance & decontamination contractors
We’re Here for You
Our team of water risk specialists have extensive experience in both the private and public sector and can provide independent inspections and audits and help you to develop practical water risk management solutions.
Schedule a FREE confidential and no obligation discussion about your water risk management requirements using the link below
Alternatively, fill in our enquiry form and one of our water risk specialists will be in touch as soon as possible.